Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Rush 1

1. I am a music major in the jazz program. My instrument is trombone. Last semester I performed my junior recital, playing mostly original combo jazz. At the end of this semester I'll be doing a non-degree recital featuring very short pieces written in the 20th and 21st centuries. Next fall I'll be performing my senior recital and I'll graduate in December. 

2. I work in 4 different bands with a mix of current and former Cornish students, teachers, and Seattle musicians at large. I play other freelance gigs here and there, including brass chamber music, church music, salsa, jazz, etc. I also work about 30 hours a week at a grocery store. I live with one roommate, and spend most of my (rare) free time with my lady friend. 

3. My only background is as a consumer but I've done my best to cultivate an appreciation for good film. My interest is pretty broad. I really love the work of Dario Argento, Richard Linklater, Stanley Kubrick, and Wes Anderson. Overblown horror movies are my guilty pleasure. I haven't been involved in a film production but I would leap at the chance to work on a score in some capacity. I haven't taken any other film courses.

4. I look to your guidance here! Just hoping to learn. 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for initiating the blog and telling me about yourself. Is any of your music on line? I'd love to hear some.

    100/100

    CS

    ReplyDelete